There is no login to access the open educational resources. The e-literature can be freely accessed anytime from anywhere with an Internet connection.
The content on this server can be read online by web browsers and different computing devices, from desktops to smartphones. Download of content for offline reading is available where authors have provided export files on their respective site pages (e.g. http://epub-fhd.athabascau.ca/clinical-teaching) in multiple formats, such as PDF, EPUB, MOBI, and Open Document.
3 Steps to Joining Our e-Publishing Incubator
- Create a unique URL suffix to http://epub-fhd.athabascau.ca/yourbooksitetitle
(Tip: keep the suffix short and relevant, while avoiding hyphens and other non-alphabet characters where possible)
Active Book Site Examples:
- Send an email to the EPUB-FHD administrator (sswettenham “at” gmail “dot” com) with the proposed URL suffix + Prospective Author(s) + e-literature administrator email address.
- A return email will arrive (usually within 24 hours) to confirm book site setup providing above designated author(s) with access to the URL suffix. (Caveat – prospective authors must have a confirmed association with Athabasca University)
For all other prospective individuals and organizations external to Athabasca University, the EPUB-FHD administrator (sswettenham “at” gmail “dot” com) will address inquiries as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
You may to get started with the 4 Step Guide to Making a Book on Pressbooks.
Alternatively, you can review the Guide to Using Pressbooks.
An open resource collection list of useful readings are found in the external resources section of MEM.
WordPress plugins employed for this server:
- All-in-One WP Migration Multisite By ServMask
- All-in-One WP Migration Google Drive Extension By ServMask
- All-in-One WP Migration Multisite Extension By ServMask
- Antispam Bee Version By pluginkollektiv
- Classic Editor Version 0.4 By WordPress Contributors
- Enable Media Replace By ShortPixel
- GitHub Updater By Andy Fragen
- H5P By Joubel
- Icegram By icegram
- mPDF for Pressbooks By Brad Payne (comparable to commercialware)
- Pressbooks By Pressbooks (Book Oven Inc.)
- Pressbooks LTI Provider By Pressbooks (Book Oven Inc.)
- Pressbooks Stats By Pressbooks (Book Oven Inc.)
- Query Monitor By John Blackbourn & contributors
- Simple Comment Editing By Ronald Huereca
- Slim Stat – Network Analysis By Slim Stat Analytics
- Slimstat Analytics By Jason Crouse
- Slimstat Analytics – Email Reports By Slimstat Analytics
- Slimstat Analytics – Export to Excel By Slim Stat Analytics
- Slimstat Analytics – IP Address Fix By Slim Stat Analytics
- Slimstat Analytics – Network Settings By Slimstat Analytics
- SVG Support By Benbodhi
- Textbooks for Pressbooks By Brad Payne
- Wordfence Security By Wordfence
- WP QuickLaTeX By Pavel Holoborodko
- WP SlimStat – Default Filters By WP Slimstat
- WP SlimStat – Track Cookies By WP Slimstat
- WP User Avatars By John James Jacoby
- WP-Optimize Premium By David Anderson, Ruhani Rabin, Team Updraft
WordPress themes employed for this server:
- Aldine By Pressbooks (Book Oven Inc.)
- Austen Classic By Pressbooks (Book Oven Inc.)
- Clarke Version By Pressbooks (Book Oven Inc.)
- Donham By Pressbooks (Book Oven Inc.)
- Jacobs By Pressbooks (Book Oven Inc.)
- Luther By Pressbooks (Book Oven Inc.)
- McLuhan By Pressbooks (Book Oven Inc.)
- Open Textbooks By Brad Payne
File export dependencies:
- PrinceXML (optional PDF commercialware)